Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to school with the Supercar series

Yesterday, I got started on the third chapter of my Project Supercar writing project series (#3) The Timeline Warriors, and I hope to get the prologue done this week. Every year, I used to replace the previous main characters, but not anymore, starting with series three.

One of my goals in life is to have my books become New York Times best sellers (I need to find a publisher first!), and to take creative writing classes to try to get better.

Now to the story: The main character is Cameron, a 22-year-old troubled California youth who was last seen in Supercar Academy (2009, the first in the series) who takes classes at Stanford University online. I got the idea for him from reading about actor James Lafferty on the Internet Movie Database and thinking about a friend from high school I once knew in my final year (I think he was a freshman and I was a senior; I haven't talked to him in seven years). His life suddenly changes when characters from last year's story, The Worldly Newcomers (2010, Supercar 2), Zack and David, as well as Supercar Academy (Supercar 1)'s starting protagonist, Jennifer--who first saw him two years ago--tries to get him off a very destructive path. However, there are other drivers who are willing to ruin Cameron's day and hope to dominate for their interests and purposes in life.

But life is a nightmare when mega-corporation SpiraTech Industries continues their quest for world domination, usually by developing an all-powerful racer whose purpose is to defeat the world's best racers on world circuits in every style across the globe, forcing Cameron to make a difference, fight his inner demons, and find a way to destroy their evil plans for the third series in a row.

Other characters include a mysteriously alluring young woman named Amanda that Cameron comes across, a fan of CBS' longest-running daytime game show--and the longest-running in the United States so far--The Price is Right--that really wants Cameron to come with her to a Season 40 (2011-12) taping, an FBI and an NCIS agent, American and Japanese police officers in training (well, they're on the force for the high-speed chases), and more.

Most successful race drivers usually started off with a go-kart when they were young, and then work their way up to where they wanted to go in life (NASCAR, Formula One, etc.). In order for Cameron to get really far in the tournament and in life (and if he wants to be a professional race driver), he'll have to start here.

Well, that's a summary of what I'm writing right now. Now it's off to enjoy the rest of the day, and hope that the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at the Watkins Glen road course doesn't get rained out again...

No comments:

Post a Comment