Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New main character #2: Brian

This doesn't look too good for Cameron...

This time, to join Stormy is the real main character of Supercar 3, Brian Strock, a 25-year-old struggling comic book artist and college student attending online classes at Stanford University. I got the idea for him by seeing the AXE commercials with actor Jake Sandvig (Easy A, Fired Up!, Sky High) on TV and on YouTube; in fact, Brian bears a striking resemblance to him. As I'm writing this, I'm watching some Top Gear (the U.K. version) videos on YouTube. It's rumored the mysterious young woman he accidentally dreams about, Stormy, co-hosts a motoring show similar to Top Gear (kind of what the character of Reina's occupation is in the Wangan Midnight manga, as I read on Wikipedia a few years ago).

Shows like Top Gear and The Car Show are where I get some ideas for scenes involving cars. Just as I'm writing this, I'm switching back and forth between Richard Hammond of Top Gear racing against a fighter jet with a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (yes, the 1,001-hp car with a top speed of over 250 mph that costs $2,000,000) and Jay Leno reviewing a 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, a 638-bhp V-8 beast that has a top speed of 205 mph--both on YouTube. When I go out to the mall sometimes, I stop at Barnes & Noble and pick up a copy of DuPont Registry, where I also get ideas.

Well, I'd better get to work on S-Car 3. I hope to get done a lot faster than last year...


No comments:

Post a Comment