Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time to get back on the saddle...

Wow, time flies a lot...

...and this year has been evil. So I got some new hardware between 2010-11 - a flat screen TV, a printer, as well as a new desktop. The old one that was rusty and had spilled stuff on it is no more - the monitor that came with it died October 2010. For the next day, I had to write down stuff in my purple notebook until I had a dream that showed me what I could've done: connect the desktop plug to the back of the TV (a Samsung SyncMaster P2370HD--which does have PC support, but you'll have to deal with constant "No Signal" interruptions in PC mode unless your operating system is Windows XP or above--not sure if it supports Macintosh or Linux).

My desktop--refurbished and all--is a Dell OptiPlex GX520 running Windows XP Service Pack 3. My old one which got upgraded to Windows 2000 from Windows 98...didn't do a thing. Every time since 2008 when I tried to get audio to play, I got a scratchy modem-like sound. And Firefox kept CRASHING on me! Oh, and videos were stuck, too.

I also got a wireless keyboard and mouse from Inland, and they work perfectly. My new printer, an HP Photosmart Plus, works wonders, too.

Now I have a lot of work to do, find a publisher, and still have to figure out how to work OpenOffice/LibreOffice Writer--mostly because the italicize feature I've been used to doing by placing an underscore at the beginning and end of a word in Microsoft Word 2000/2003/2010--is gone in Open/LibreOffice Writer, which concerns me a little. And I have to figure out the first new story I'm going to write using this new word processing software - as the three projects I'm working on currently - do not count - as they were all written using Microsoft Word. I'm contemplating getting Microsoft Office 2010--just...not right now.

I've written this phrase for my characters to say in the Supercar series of books I'm writing, and I think I'll apply it here: My adventure is not over.


No comments:

Post a Comment